Wednesday 7 May 2014

Africa

A land of colour, a land of beauty
A land of violence and strife
It calls you home, it pushes you away
The juxtaposition of life

The sea, the sun, the earthy smell in the air
The bustle of crowds, the vibrance of life
It reeks of hope, it clings to desperation
It festers in greed and false promises

Oh Africa, I love you, I fear you
I miss you dearly
I long to be back, I long to be done with you
Never to go near you

It's in your blood
It's in your soul
I'll be home soon,
but I'll never truly be home again



7 comments:

  1. I love hearing about your stories about Africa. The emotions you have & ur experiences are unlike any I've ever heard before. It makes me realize how much I take things for granted, like feeling safe in my own home. Your experience is so foreign to me but so very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that you take the time to read and comment Kels. Thanks so much. Also glad you're not bored to tears by my stories ;)

      Delete
  2. I miss my youth but do not miss Africa or South Arica. I have been to and lived in too many other amazing places.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Commenting anonymously, I've said before that's not fair! Although I have my suspicions as to who you are ;)
      I agree I miss Africa less and less and my youth more and more. But I do miss the year round sunshine, beaches and summer lifestyle. This years winter was brutal here, be glad you're where you are. ;)

      Delete
    2. You are probably right about the identity.
      Just to make you feel worse we have over 320 days of sun shine a year. :)

      Delete
  3. Have a great trip.
    Sarah mc

    ReplyDelete