Tuesday 1 May 2012

10 things I am thankful for

Firstly let me start by saying this 10 things series is hard...hence the reason you have not seen any posts.
I have a couple of posts started, but I cant seem to come up with 10 things to say on each topic...how sad is that?
Anyway this should be an easier one to complete, after all being thankful is easy, and always helps to put you in a good mood when you realize how much you have to be thankful for.

I am thankful:

  • for the fact that my children can play out on the street without me having to be out there with them the whole time.  I guess that boils down to also being thankful for the great neighborhood I live in.
  • that I have the ability to stay home and raise my kids myself.  As much as some days I would far rather be at work with adults,  I am glad that even though I am not going to win any mother of the year awards, they can come home and be with me.
  • for technology that allows me to stay in touch with family and friends so very far away....I would be so lost without you.
  • that the monster dog has finally stopped eating my shoes
  • that spring is here and we will soon be camping
  • that the taxes are done and we are getting a nice refund.
  • that I have the most amazing mix of friends ever
  • that this weeks spelling tests are over and I  no longer have to try and teach my kids the abysmal words that were on their list last week.  
  • that I actually lost weight last week even though I went out to lunch once and dinner once and ate desert that was about 10000 calories.
  • that the kids are now in bed and I can relax and watch some tv and read.
There that was not so hard....yay, now I am also thankful that this is done!



1 comment:

  1. You make me laugh and a touching read! I can definitely identify with point 2 and 3.

    ReplyDelete