Thursday 4 April 2013

Forgiveness

Today's post is all about forgiveness....both due to the fact that I feel I need some and I owe some. Most importantly I want to say that I don't want any one person to think this is aimed directly at them...in some small way its aimed at so many people in my life.

You know when you have the feeling you owe friends an apology and you don't know quite what to say? Well that's how I feel at the moment, I have been a little self absorbed lately...(who me??), had a few issues of my own in the past few months with losing my Dad etc, and I have not been paying enough attention to my friends.

There are friends who have had troubles, friends who are having troubles and friends who have needed a shoulder to cry on and I have not been around.  I have friends who are not doing so well health wise, and friends who would simply just like to see me for coffee and a chat.  Wow, I sound like I have a bunch of needy, whiny, pain in the ass friends...why do I bother? ;)  The simple fact is, I love you all, you keep me sane and I do miss you.  I am sorry I have not been the best friend the past few months, and I ask for your forgiveness.  I know I don't need to ask, we're friends, we are stronger than a few small issues that get in our way, but I want you to know that I know, I have not been the best friend, in fact, in some cases I realize now I was just downright wrong, and you, being my friends, know how hard that is for me to admit, since we all know I am never wrong!

I also know that in order to receive forgiveness you need to give, and I have friends and family that I need to put issues aside with and move on.  So, I am wiping the slate clean, I don't care at this point what you did or did not do. There will always be times when we disagree and don't believe that the other is handling a situation right, there will always be times where our outlook on other friends and family members differ and we have to accept that and try hard not to piss each other off.  We have made it to a point in our lives where we are not hormonal teens (maybe we are just hormonal adults), so we can, and must move on, we are all we have, without friends and family it's a lonely life.

Onward and upward, summer is round the corner...


No comments:

Post a Comment