Thursday 9 February 2012

Laziness



Image by Kemy
It's a wonderful thing!  
Yesterday for a change I decided to take a day for myself and I relished in it.  The day started out with all good intentions of at least getting a run in before I wallowed in my laziness, but in reality it got as far as me putting on my running clothes.  Well that has to count for something?  I at least looked active while being lazy.  

I have not had a day to myself with nothing pressing to do in forever, in fact yesterday was not one of those days either, however I chose to completely ignore all the things that needed doing, all the mess that lay around, all the paperwork that is on my desk, even a blog post that needed to get done, and pretend that I had nothing better to do than me stuff.

I put a whole bunch of new music on my iPod, I was still intending to run at this stage, so told myself that this was in preparation for this.  Then I listened to some of the music.  After that I decided to watch some tv that I had recorded as I did not feel like running yet.  In fact I had a food hangover from too much sushi the night before, which really made me not feel like doing much, so we will go with that being to blame for everything.

After watching my tv, I had some lunch and, wait for it, the highlight of my day, I curled up on the couch with the monster dog and took a nap!  It was not a long nap, thanks to a bizarre dream about being being in an out of control car (again, going to blame the sushi!), that had me waking up dizzy, and after that I decided if I wanted to be awake to go get the kids from school I had better get off the couch. 

I managed to shuck off my running leggings and throw on a pair of jeans to go get the kids.  I still had on my running/workout top when the evening rolled around, and I have to give DH credit,  when he walked in the door, he never even asked why I was wearing jeans with my running top.  Even more important he never asked if I actually ran or did anything that day.


No comments:

Post a Comment