Monday 6 February 2012

Peace and quiet


On the weekend I started typing up a blog post complaining about how I was once again sick, how Diggle has been sick for the last week, and how miserable we all are.  Then I went back and read it and realized that it was just a whiney blurb on how my life sucks, and really who wants to read that? 

Being stuck in bed on Friday made me realize a few things.  I need more pajamas, my bedroom seriously needs an update with a coat of paint and some organization skills, and the iPad is the best invention ever!

Its now finally Monday and I am currently savoring a few minutes of peace and quiet, the first few I have had alone in the house in 11 days!  Diggle was sick for 7 days, followed right after by a 3 day weekend for the kids, my brain has short circuited.  By this weekend the kids were annoying me, annoying each other and generally trying to be annoying beasts who annoy everyone.  There was wailing, screaming, yelling, hair pulling and tears in the house (and that was just from me!).

On Saturday night they decided they wanted the adventure of sleeping in basement.  After much begging and pleading we agreed to let them try it out.  I figured they would be scared down there by themselves, but hey it was Saturday night, so if they lost a bit of sleep and had to move up to their bedroom eventually no harm.  Well first there was arguing over how dark it should be, Princess wanted a light on on the other side of the basement, Diggle wanted it dark, then the monster dog went down there and stole their cuddlies to try and eat them, then she was licking the kids (probably wanted to eat them too).   Well eventually they all ended up back in bedroom as predicted and we got some sleep.

No, Mommy is not telling you
where
she put the last roll
of toilet paper!

Image by: Roadsidepictures
This morning I got the kids off to school, had enough time to run home and phone my Mother to check on how the family on the other side of the world is, and then run back to meet the kids class for their skating trip.  After skating it was a quick run to the grocery store (it does not help if you have three bathrooms if only one of them has toilet paper).  Finally I am home and have an hour before going to get the kids from school, what should I do with that hour?  Nap?  Clean?  Watch TV?  Nope, I figured even if I don't have much to say now was a good time to try and get a blog post up.

No comments:

Post a Comment