Wednesday 1 February 2012

Things not to type in a blog


I typed up a blog post the other day, but got sidetracked before posting it.  In hindsite I think this was a good thing.  Ok, It was not as much sidetracked as an "oh shit how did it get that late, the kids are going to be out of school and I am not going to make it there in time to get them" moment.  Anyway when I got back I decided not to post it.  I came to the realization that there are some things you probably should not blog about when people who know you (or people who you are bitching about) may happen to read the blog.


  • Issues with friends (unless they are really close friends who can take it)
  • Drama or feelings on your work or your significant others workplace, bosses or co-workers even if they are idiots. 
  • Bitching about irritating things your extended family does (this of course excludes DH, obviously I can bitch all I want about him, what 's he going do about it?)
  • The fact that anyone, be it a friend or family member is taking a "sickie day" from work or doing something illegal or immoral, no matter how entertaining  or funny it is.
  • Thoughts on culture, race, religion and politics.  Lets face it no matter how much of a bigot or how liberal you are not all your readers (or even all your friends) are going to think the same way.
  • Anything after a couple of glasses of wine or any other form of alcohol or drug.  This one should be self explanatory! Think drunk texting or drunk dialing. Boy am I glad we did not have cell phones around when I was a teenager. 
  • Anything that is going to make someone who you know pissed at you, unless you have too many friends and want to whittle down the list a little.

OMG! Did you really just type that?
Image by: aquababe


Now I dont know if I can stick to the last two, after all I have some of my best thoughts after wine!  Maybe I can stick to not publishing the post until I have had time to re read it the next morning.
Also I am pretty certain there are people who are already pissed at me for my blog just because I am uncensored and candid in it, and have probably already offended their delicate sensibilities in that, but oh well, if they cant take me then by all means please dont read it.
Of course I still have the blog post I typed up the other day saved, so lets hope I don't post it one night after a few glasses of wine!

1 comment: