Monday 30 January 2012

Did you hear me?

Do I speak a different language, or wait no, maybe I am invisible and they can't hear me? Do I exist? Maybe I am a figment of my own imagination. No that can't be right if I was a figment of my imagination I would at least imagine myself rich and thin, with a bevy of servants catering to my every need. Damn I guess I am real and just not yelling loud enough, or maybe I really do speak a different language that no one has bothered to teach the rest of my family.

Now firstly let me say DH and I do speak a second language, not very well, but enough to be able to converse about something if the kids are in the room and we don't want them understanding. This is becoming more vital now that the kids are learning to spell.
However when I clearly say " leave that alone " it's like I don't exist. I'm sorry has your hearing gone? I don't care if you think the mirror that I have leaning up against the wall in my bedroom would look better straight, I have it at an angle for a reason......leave the fucking thing where I put it! Now back out the room and stop glaring at me. How is it possible for a 6 year old to have a drop dead stare down so well?

MAYBE THIS WOULD HELP YOU HEAR ME?
Image by: altemark
DH has a slight excuse, he's a man, and we know they don't listen to anything the wife says anyway....ha, no that's not his excuse that's just a sad fact. DH in fact is deaf in one ear, so it makes him unable to concentrate on more than one thing at a time....although I think that is just part of being a man too. Of course if I mutter something under my breath about him being an ass, he hears it no problem, hence I find it easy to just tell him loudly, then he tends to ignore it.

I think sometimes its the mere fact that they don't want to hear what I am saying as it's not deemed important enough. If it's not going to affect their lives in the next 10 minutes don't bother saying it. Of course when you tell them something you clearly remember telling them the day before...like we have to go out now to xyz and they look at you as if to say, "why do I not know about this?"  Well I have no answer.  Somedays I just don't bother telling them things because it's easier on my blood pressure to just spring it on them and feign innocence when they are confused. Hell let's face it they don't know if I have already said it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment