Sunday 8 January 2012

Control and lack thereof

I may have mentioned in an earlier post that I have control issues, and it's not something I am afraid to admit.  I always have to know exactly what the plan is.  I am ok with not making decisions, in fact I can be pretty indecisive, unless the person making the decisions is making them wrong.    So if I have these control issues you would think I would be better organized, with stronger willpower, maybe even a litlle OCD.  But you would be wrong.

I am unorganized, or really it's more like organized chaos.  I know where everything is (mostly) and manage somehow to always pay the bills on time and keep track of who has to be where and when, but I am messy.  Yes, my desk is always a mess, my house always looks like a bomb ripped through it (and if it doesn't when you happened to visit me it's cause I knew you were coming and cleaned up).  Please don't open the cupboard or look in the laundry room!  And whatever you do don't go down into the basement, you may not come back up!   It's not that I don't like things to be organized and neat.  In fact set me free in one of those stores that sells all the stuff to help you organize and I will be in heaven. 
I guess I am just intrinsically lazy. 
I know where everything is....yes I do!
Ha, now I have admitted that I am a messy, lazy, control freak, wow, I sound like a real catch.  I'm guessing it's a good thing I got married young when I still had my looks and body to count on. 

Anyway today felt like a spring day, it was 7c and the sun was shining.  We decided to get into the spring cleaning mode, and sort out the basement.  To anyone who maybe went down into my basement in the last 6 months, I apologize, it got out of control.  It was just easy to pretend it was not there and let the kids make a complete mess of it.  When I went down there it was only to run on the treadmill, so I would pick my way through the toys and mess and concentrate on running and whatever was on the iPod.

Well, after a day full of hard work my basement looks semi decent, we have a large pile of toys to give away, and the adults have the  gym area of the basement back under control and neat.  Now next week I will tackle the 6 months of paperwork that needs to filed in my office.

Oh and did I mention the kids go back to school tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment