Wednesday 25 January 2012

My son the creeper


I dont know how he does it, but he has this ability to sneak around almost 100% silently.  It scares the shit out of me when he suddenly appears out of thin air next to me.  It used to be funny (well almost - at least you could justify a nervous giggle while trying to get your heart rate under control), but this was when he did not know exactly what it was he was doing. However, these days he knows what he is doing and gets a kick out of scaring me,  its no longer funny.  Just the other day he snuck behind me in my office, onto the far side of me, squeezed into the little gap between my chair and the wall and tapped me on the shoulder, then packs up laughing when I jump a foot out of the chair.

Not even gonna go there!
Image by: TangoPango
No-one has ever been able to sneak up on me, even when I am sleeping I have always heard everything! I am not sure if its a product of growing up the youngest girl in a house with three older brothers, or a product of growing up in South Africa, where once you were old enough noises at night were to be taken seriously, but I have always been a really light sleeper. I hear if someone gets up to use the washroom or if the dog starts pacing needing to go outside.
Diggle has managed to walk right up next to the bed in the middle  of the night and pinch my nose closed to wake me up...ever woken up  not being able to breath because someone is holding your nose closed?....its a little unnerving.

In our office DH and I share a long desk with both our computers on the desk, Diggle can walk in and stand between our chairs and neither of us knows he is there till you catch a shadow out of the corner of you eye and you know there is a figure there that should not be there, it scares me everytime.  Even worse when you are sitting watching tv by yourself and he sneaks up and stands next to you, especially when he is supposed to be in bed....its like a scene from a horror movie.

I am hoping as he gets older he will make more noise or I am going to have to loosen a few floorboards.  But my one persisting nagging thought is why can he not be that quiet when he is running around in the morning while we are trying to sleep, well that and maybe he has a future as a cat burglar.

1 comment: