Friday 27 January 2012

Things that are too easy!


  • Insulting your husband - lets face it once you have been married a while its just second nature, and I am sure he insults me when I am not around too.
  • yelling at your kids - this is a given...every day, a couple of times a day, they make it so easy!
  • finding an excuse not to run - another thing that is sadly way to easy!  Anything will do,  from I am tired, I'll do it later (which never happens) my ankle is sore and I have other stuff to do are among my favorites. This one I have to stop!
Image by: Ondablv
  • finding an excuse to have a drink - nothing wrong with this, apart from the fact that it does not help my diet.  Its 5pm somewhere, and I am sure I have friends in that time zone drinking already - one of the advantages to having friends spread out all over the world.
  • deciding to have a pj day and spend it in bed reading.  This does not happen too often, as I have to go and get the kids from school at some stage and the other parents would look at me funny if I was still in my PJ's  (of course I may just have gotten out of them 2 minutes prior to leaving home)
  • To wear a hat in winter - it means you dont have to style your hair...hell you dont even have to brush it!  Of course the other day for a change I styled my hair, put product in and everything and had a whole bunch of people tell me how great my hair looks.  Made me wonder if I should put the effort in more often!
  • to ignore all that paperwork on your desk.  I have a whole pile sitting right here in front of my keyboard, DH says he does not know how I work here. (Does he even know me?   Work?  What is that word I seem to have heard it somewhere before, oh yes I think I am allergic to it, so I try and avoid it....its what he does to get me my money!)
  • To leave your kids  homework till the morning - I know I was always guilty of this as a kid, but I honestly thought it would be better once I was the adult.  It appears not! The time in the morning before school is spent, throwing some clothes together, making lunches, downing a cup of coffee and doing homework. Bear in mind we only have 1  hour from the time the alarm goes off till they need to be out the door. Oh yes and somewhere in there the kids manage to get breakfast in too.
  • To give in to the temptation of that cupcake - whoever buys the cupcakes had better stop!  I have no willpower, none at all, if they are there I will eat them, or if there are only two left for the kids I will at least sneak some of the icing off them.  Sadly this is why I am both running and on diet.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on your 5k! It's been "impossible" for me to run for the past week and a half, because my son's been sick and clingy. I'm sure I could have found a way, but as you say, it's too easy to make an excuse for it. Must get back on track!

    ReplyDelete