Saturday 17 December 2011

Holiday concerts and other shenanigans

I was told my last post was far to serious and apparently it is my duty to write light hearted funny stuff to entertain you all.  Seriously, where am I going to find material like that?

I could start by telling you how monster dog ate through the wires to our Christmas tree lights and nearly electrocuted Diggle and I, not to mention the risk of burning the house down.  Then I had to sew the straps of Princesses only decent pair of black shoes together for the Holiday concert, do you need to be told what happened to the straps?  Yes monster dog again!

 Image by: t2ll2t 

The kids were both in the choir and sang their little hearts out.  The school has an extreme drummers group which performed and were excellent, all in all not a bad concert as far a school concerts go (read this to mean we did not have to sit through hours and hours of torture).

The part of the concert that had me holding my breath the whole time was that Diggle was standing on the risers on stage, he was second from the end on his row and the boy next to him was a young kid with downs syndrome.  He was thoroughly enjoying singing in the choir, he loved the music and was throwing his head around and clapping his hands.  It was great to see him enjoying it, if I had not been worried about one of two things happening.  I feared that Diggle was either going to get an elbow to the face, or lose it and push the kid off the riser for being bumped too often.   As it turned out he kept his cool, even when he got head butted, yes it actually happened and it was sore.  He just kept singing and shed a little tear to me afterwards.  I was a very proud Mommy.

Of course this raised the question, how do you explain Downs, or special needs to a 6 year old, as afterwards he was telling me how naughty the boy is for not sitting still etc, and I tried, but nothing I could think of in the moment seemed like the right way to put it, so that conversation is still one we need to have.


Christmas is in a week  (like we need to be reminded!) and I have a list of things to do a mile long.  I still have gifts to get, parties to go to, baking to do and I need to do an almighty house clean before I have guests for dinner on Christmas eve.  I seem to turn into a grinch around now as the stress starts to get to me,  I politely tell those people who cannot drive in the mall parking lots to go and have intercourse with themselves and mutter things that should not be said in front of kids a little too loud.  I know that by the time Christmas eve rolls around I will be happy and loving the season, it's just the two weeks leading up to it that make me want to drink all the egg nog.  Oh and that is something I do like, my homemade egg nog.  It's like a little (or big in my case) glass of heaven.  Also if you drink too much of it, it just may get you to heaven faster, it has eggs and cream and sugar and brandy and rum.....mmmmmmm, my cholesterol levels love it!   But oh, yes remember the diet?  I wonder how far I would have to run just to get rid of one glass of the stuff?  I am betting about 10km, maybe I will lay off the egg nog this year! 

All in all probably the funniest thing this week was the look on my friends husbands face when we were video chatting and she handed him her iPad and said show her your cock dear.   Notice how I omitted your name here!   Aren't I a good friend? 

On that note it's time for bed.....goodnight world.



No comments:

Post a Comment