Monday 19 December 2011

Work

I have had a few people say to me that I should be posting every day, but really, my life is not that interesting. Some days I wonder if it's even worth getting out of bed. Then I remember that if I don't get out of bed the kids won't go to school and I will have to look after them and entertain them. That thought alone is enough to wake me up and get me moving.

Image by RMLondon
Today over breakfast Diggle asked me when I am going back to work. We had this big conversation over the weekend about jobs people do and if Mommy works, what Mommy used to do to earn money, and ultimately what the kids would end up doing for work when they are older. The discussion somehow started due to Diggle telling Princess that Daddys did not have to help Mommys with the chores in the house! DH, I think it may be time you started considering what sort of examples you set for your kids? Also is it wrong of me to be considering emailing this post to your Mother?

I answered his question this morning with "when you are old enough to be left alone in the house after school." His look of pure delight was enough to scare the crap out of me as he grinned and said excitedly "then we can do whatever we like!". Needless to say I have now revised my thinking to only return to work once the kids have moved out of home!

Princess says she does not want to get a job ever, she either wants to be a princess (good luck with that) or she just wants to be a mommy, um sure sweetie try telling that to the boys you date when you are older, yes please do, I'm serious, it should alleviate a lot of problems for your Dad and I when you reach the dating years.

Diggle has been through a lot of options, he wanted to be a singer, a dancer, stay at home with me, test computer games (he really liked this option and would be scarily good at it), and yesterday after our discussion on what jobs people in our family do, he decided he wants to fix animals like his cousin.

In truth, I dont mind what my kids become as long as it's not homeless street people, and they earn enough that they can support themselves and not leach off me.

Of course if they can support me through old age thats an added bonus too.

No comments:

Post a Comment