Friday 23 December 2011

Christmas Panic

I should be running around, in panic mode.  Something needs to be done, something urgent, before the shops close for Christmas and I run out of time.  But....I have nothing.

The gifts are all wrapped (although the monster dog did kindly unwrap one for me this morning), the baking is done,  the house just needs a little going over to clean (I am doing that today), the turkey is out defrosting, I have all the food, and the biggest miracle, the kids room is even tidy.  What am I missing, there has to be something?

Usually at this point I am stressed beyond belief, but I am remarkably calm this year.  I think I may have even told DH I love him as he left for work this morning!  Maybe I am getting sick, maybe I just want a good Christmas present!

I do have to go and buy Princess some new winter gloves as the monster dog ate one of hers last night while I was wrapping presents and not paying attention, however she can wear the spare pair for the next few days and I will take care of that after Christmas.

Tomorrow I will be in panic mode while cooking, drinking eggnog, and trying to keep the house clean until after the dinner guests arrive - think of me then.

I wish all of you, friends, family and random strangers on the internet who stumble on here, a very Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and joyful holiday season.



I vote we fire the fat jolly guy and hire someone like this!~
I would wait up for him on Christmas Eve!
Image by StefanWmitĂ–

No comments:

Post a Comment