Saturday 10 December 2011

Let me introduce you to My family



DH (dear husband) when asked how long we have been together always answers with "too long" and sometimes it does feel that way!  We met when I was just 16, a sweet young girl, ok those who knew me at 16 may disagree with the sweet part there; I was a rebel, a terror to have as a daughter who sometimes wore my hair in a Mohawk, dressed in all black and was nicknamed coffin kid.  I would sneak out my bedroom window to go clubbing, and meet up with much older friends who were already in university.  My mother always said meeting DH actually calmed me down, I think she just felt that way because she now knew who I was with.  Anyway I digress, DH and I met when I was 16 and he was 21, however  we only had kids 6 years ago.  Miraculously we have survived these first 6 years of being parents and can only pray we survive the next 14 or so as well.

The kids:, for the purpose of the blog as I have stated before, I will not be naming names to protect the guilty.  I have 6 year old twins, a boy and girl.  We will call them Diggle (boy) and Princess (girl), well you have to admit it would be a little odd if we called the boy princess, no?  They are good kids, I would not have survived if they were not, they are each others best friend and worst enemy all rolled into one package. 


We have a dog, the monster dog.  She is a little black and tan cocker-poo, with the most adorable face, (black with little tan eyebrows).
Its a wonder really that she is still alive, she has lived with us for a year now, and in that time has eaten many, many shoes, drank paint, eaten toothpaste, glue, muscle rub ointment and countless toys. 
She is a menace, a loving adorable menace who I love dearly half the time and wish I could quietly dispose of her body the other half.   She loves me, and I mean really LOVES me, I cannot sit down without her sitting on my lap, on my feet or pressing herself into my side. She will leave me alone if there is a friend/stranger in the house, then she will want to be jumping at them, trying to get attention from them or eating something of theirs like shoes or a handbag!  I am told she will grow out of this, I hope it's soon!



Well that is my little family, I am positive you will hear plenty more of them in the future posts on here.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I alway thought you were sweet, maybe not innocent but sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its really not fair of you to post a comment like that under an assumed name!

    ReplyDelete