Wednesday 28 December 2011

Update on the aftermath

Stuff has been tidied, not very well, but it's all  in piles and has been moved around a little.

I spoke to soon, the monster dog has eaten at least two gifts but we did find the elusive bone.

The scarf knitting is going well, encouraged by Princess, but with little enthusiasm to do it herself.  She is plenty enthusiastic about all the other craft stuff she got, and has opened every packet/bag she could find, mixed everything up and tried to make something with a few pieces from each.  The kitchen table looks like crafts gone wild. 

I only gained 3 lbs not 6, I guess the 5 km run I did on monday night helped a little.

We are still eating turkey, I think I am going to try and make turkey pot pie tonight and use the last of it.  DH returned to work today.....he is going to love me so much when he opens his lunch and finds another turkey sandwich there. 

We got snow last night, it looks really pretty clinging to the trees and with a fresh white coat on everything,  yay, the kids can use their sleds that they got for Christmas.  But wait, Diggle is sick, a fever for the second day in a row.  Oh well I guess we can sit inside
 and watch the snow melt instead.  
Image by MakuKulden

Oh and most precious, Diggle is a man in training, he suffers sickness just like a man.  That's right it's a case of mini man flu.  He moans, he groans, he throws his body onto the nearest soft surface (usually me) and thrashes his limbs.  If anything, this has proved to me that man flu is not a result of how they are raised, but rather something inbred into their DNA.  
I am medicating the fever, and resisting the urge to medicate myself with the leftover eggnog, it is only 10am and I am at home alone with the kids, also if the man flu gets any worse I may have to run him to the clinic and you cant do that while self medicating, maybe tonight though.

I am off to shovel the driveway and clear the snow, maybe that will work out some of my frustrations, and some of the 3 lbs of turkey and chocolates.

No comments:

Post a Comment