Monday 26 December 2011

The aftermath of Christmas

Image by Emily.Bluestar

You realize just how much you love your family, yes, you really do, I'm going to keep telling myself that, over and over again.

The house looks like Santas workshop exploded and the cleaning elves have gone on strike.

Diggle is happily playing at the table with princesses Polly pocket gift and Princess wants to open and play with anything of Diggles that he is not ready to use yet.  The Princess seems to think that Santa dropped the ball as he forgot to bring her a "monster high doll", but Santa truly did not see that on the list. 

Princess has been asking for the last 6 months to learn how to knit, so Santa brought her some knitting needles and yarn.  She has now decided it is too hard, and I should knit the scarf for her.....looks like I have a new hobby.  It is extremely therapeutic, surprisingly so, and I dont think it has anything to do with wielding dangerously sharp instruments and picturing the damage they could inflict to who ever is annoying me at the time. 

I have gained 6 lbs in two days.....yes, you read that right, 6 lbs!  I am so looking forward to my official weight being recorded tomorrow.  Maybe if I drown myself in water and run 20 km today it will only be 5 lbs by tomorrow.  On the bright side I have a lovely new iPod nano for running with, thanks DH.  Now if I had the energy to use it all would be good. 

We just ate lunch, toasted turkey and mayo sandwiches, tonight is roasted turkey and veg reheated.  I think I had better freeze some before I am all turkeyed out.  

The biggest Christmas miracle so far is that monster dog has not eaten any of the gifts yet (that I have found).  Although the rather large bone Santa gave her has disappeared, I look forward to finding that in a month or two.

So now, Christmas is over, I love Christmas, really I do, but at this stage I am thankful it is done.  I have two weeks of yelling at the kids, activities and play time with the kids till they go back to school and life returns to normal.

Roll on new year

No comments:

Post a Comment